Re: Ok to use upstream doumentation as-is (i.e. not regenerate)?

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2011, 11:03 +0200 schrieb Joerg Jaspert:
> You need to ensure that (package in main. contrib/non-free are
> different)
>
>  - you can build everything you ship inside main,
>  - the thing you ship in your package is what the shipped source will
>    end up producing when someone builts it (minus things like
> timestamps).
>
> The easiest way to do this is to actually build it yourself. Especially
> so if you need to fix something in there and want to have that fix
> appear...

if I do regenerate the files for shipping (or don’t ship them in the
binary packages), is it ok to leave the upstream-generated files in
the .orig.tar.gz, even though I have no hard guarantee that they are
built from these sources (assuming I have no reason to assume that they
are not), or should every such .orig.tar.gz be re-packaged and stripped
of all generated files?

Greetings,
Joachim

--