Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches

Hello,

On Tue, 31 May 2011 12:21:26 +0200
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> > > Especially Darcs is rightly famous for its user-friendly interface
> > Are you kidding? :)
> Your quoting lets me wonder: Do you really doubt that Darcs’s general
> user interface is more intuitive than others (especially compared to
> git)? Darcs might have its shortcomings, but its UI is always pointed
> out as a plus

Well, I really dislike git's interface, but darcs appears to be
completely counter-intuitive to me. Possibly, I have used it too
little, or I'm used to Mercurial too much, don't know.

> But even then I find Darcs’s interface much more clear than the
> interactive hunk selection interface provided by git.

Possibly. I haven't seen both yet, but I like how `hg record`/`hg
qrecord` works. If darcs provides anything better --- well, good for
it, possibly, it needs to be ported to other version control systems,
too :)

--
WBR, Andrew