Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches

On Sun, 29 May 2011, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 29.05.2011, 10:53 +0200 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> > Again to cope with the scenario explained at the start of this mail,
> > once a user has made modifications we must ensure that they end up in a
> > proper patch in debian/patches/. Right now this is entirely automatic,
> > the generated patches take the form of
> > debian/patches/debian-changes-<ver>.
> >
> > Obviously this is a pretty poor name for a patch [...]
>
> The file should end with .patch
> (debian/patches/debian-changes-<ver>.patch) so that your favorite text
> editor uses the correct highlighting.

At the time I wrote it, it was on purpose that I did not use any
extension. It limited the possibilities of interaction if another patch
system was in use while still using "3.0 (quilt)".

In the mean time, I abandoned the idea of auto-migrating source packages
so it's probably no longer very important. Thus I could do that.

Are there objections to this change?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer