Re: Sponsorship in Debian (Re: Ubuntu-originated packages in Debian (Re: ubuntu keyring?))

On 11-05-20 at 10:22am, Neil Williams wrote:
> Fly-by sponsoring is *not* helpful to Debian.

I wholeheartedly agree.

...and non-fly-by sponsoring is what I instead call teamwork:

Personally I don't do sponsoring, but instead encourage teamwork.

And just as importantly: I insist on _calling_ it teamwork and not
sponsoring - even in the cases where no existing team is found suitable
and we end up forming a new tiny team (which some might argue is a
disquised sponsorship relationship).  Id addition to promoting the
concept of teamwork, I believe it encouaging team _spirit_ as well.

 - Jonas