Re: httpd-cgi is it really CGI or maybe *CGI instead

Anton Martchukov <anton@martchukov.com> writes:

> I wanted to install MoinMoin wiki (python-moinmoin) using
> FastCGI on nginx web server (nginx-full), but python-moinmoin
> brings Apache web server into the system due to its
> dependencies:

> python-moinmoin depends on libapache2-mod-wsgi | httpd-cgi

> nginx-full provides httpd

> I would submit a bug report on any of those packages, but
> it does not appear clear to me:

> 1. Virtual package httpd-cgi is this only plain CGI or also
> can be FactCGI too? In case with nginx, it does not support
> plain old CGI, but does support FastCGI (plus SCGI and WSGI).

> 2. libapache2-mod-wsgi is not the only WSGI web server
> available.

> 3. moinmoin is not limited to WCGI and CGI and also can
> be run with built-in web server, FastCGI, SCGI and AJP.

> The bottom line is that we are probably missing a bunch of
> virtual packages like:

> httpd-fastcgi
> httpd-wsgi
> httpd-scgi
> httpd-ajp

httpd-wsgi has already been requested.  See #588497.  So far, no one seems
to have run into a practical requirement for the others, although if you
have some cases where we'd use them (as opposed to just a theoretical
need), please do file a debian-policy bug about that.