Re: Best practice for cleaning autotools-generated files?

Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> writes:
> the convention is that autogen.sh *does* call ./configure

Huh?   This is not my impression at all.

I'm sure there probably are packages out there where autogen.sh calls
configure, my general sense is that it usually doesn't.

Rather, autogen.m4 usually seems to act like "autoreconf + appropriate
tweaks".

-Miles

--
Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human
affairs has always been dominant and controlling.