Re: Writing to /etc/ from a "privileged" UI

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:05:40PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Not at the same time, but someone might allow a user of a laptop to
>> access their WLAN, but neither accept that an other user of the laptop
>> should be able to use the same network without asking, nor that the keys
>> be written in a system-wide configuration file.
>
> Sorry but if you alternate physical possession of a laptop with someone whom
> you suspect of being hostile, no files are secure as long as they're stored
> on that laptop.

In addition to the remarks of the others:  It's not just about me as the
laptop user trusting or not trusting other laptop users.  I was rather
thinking about a network owner allowing a particular person to use their
access point, after being trained in the local policy and - what is more
important to a certain type of staff - having signed and accepted that
policy.  The policy will probably contain a "may not give a third party
access to the information..."

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Vorstand B90/Grüne OV Miltenberg und Umgebung