Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

On Thu, 05 May 2011 10:39:29 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> > Being able to tell bug reporters “please check what happens with the X
> > stack in experimental” (which had more or less latest upstream release
> > candidates or releases), and closing with those versions; or forwarding
> > upstream if bugs are still there, is something I find very interesting
> > indeed.

Assuming that experimental would change its character -- would a PPA
(or whatever it's called) satisfy this legitimate concern?

> We have a ton of archives right now, and I'm hesitant to even hint at
> adding another one, but it does sometimes feel like we have one too few.

Same idea: Would an experimental suite that's filled during the
freeze to keep unstable free for RC bug fixes and migrates after the
thaw plus (a) PPA(s) for experimenting (sic!) with newer releases help
here?

Cheers,
gregor

--