Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> (05/05/2011):
> I personally don't think uploading packages to experimental before
> it is time for them to participate in transitions to testing and
> integrate with the rest of the next stable distribution is abuse at
> all.  In fact I wish people would do it more often.

Being able to tell bug reporters “please check what happens with the X
stack in experimental” (which had more or less latest upstream release
candidates or releases), and closing with those versions; or
forwarding upstream if bugs are still there, is something I find very
interesting indeed.

And last I checked, upstreams were happy not to receive a massive flow
of bug reports for already-fixed bugs, so that they could concentrate
on current issues.

Mraw,
KiBi.