Re: glibc: causes segfault in Xorg

On Wed, 04 May 2011, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Le 04/05/2011 11:48, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> > So it's best if you consider unstable always in production-mode by
> > default.
>
> So how do you plan to detect bugs if you never enable a feature?

Really abort()ing is not a nice behaviour, it would be way better to print
a warning and fallback to a correct behaviour. Users can then report the
problems without experiencing a non working-application.

When something like this is not possible, I'm afraid Debian unstable is
not a good place to experiment...

I know this answer is not entirely satisfactory but the truth is there
are other distributions which follow another developement model that are
better suited to experiment such things, for example Fedora.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)