Re: Reporting same bug in different packages

Hi,

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 07:20:12PM +0200, Patrick Strasser wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I want to report a bug, which occurs in two packages (okular, xpdf)
> exactly the same way. It's a problem with rendering PDFs.
> What would be the right way:
> * File two bugs and refer to each other in a additional message

This works if it is for both okular and xpdf and bug resides in both of
them.  Do you see thae same in evince?

See clone under http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

> * File one bug and refer to the second package
> * Something different

But as I understand, actual PDF rendering is done in libpoppler5 for
these.  If you file one of it, it is more likely to be forwarded to
libpoppler5.   (I am one of xpdf maintainers)

Osamu