Re: PPA

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 06:34:02PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [110501 18:23]:
> > - APT entry to add (i.e. URL of the PPA so that the buildd can fetch
> >   build-dependencies not satisfiable in the target suite)
>
> Why not just use one location - shouldn't be an issue unless you plan
> to have the same packages and version numbers in multiple PPAs. And
> that's something I recommend not to do.

I guess I'm misunderstanding you here, so please help me out. If a
package is being worked on in different PPAs regarding different
problems (thinking of serializing transitions for instanced but many
other examples apply), how can they share the same version number
without conflicting?

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de