* Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> [110428 20:21]:
> On 28/04/11 at 12:05 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > And at the same time, having a non-frozen rolling release available
> > during freeze time could easily distract people from working on
> > testing/frozen at all, because a shiny rolling release that they and
> > some users can use is still available. I am unhappy during the current
> > choke point of testing being frozen, but that choke point does serve as
> > an incentive for the whole project to work in the same direction: toward
> > actually getting a good stable release out.
>
> That's not true. It serves as an incentive for a large number of DDs to
> just do something else until the freeze is over and they can start
> working on their packages again. (easy to show by looking at the number
> of distinct uploaders over time, for example).

How can this number indicate anything like that?

Having no or not much uploads in (late) freeze time is normal in my
experience as the release is more important than showing stuff for the
next + 1 release into experimental. After a release there is a new
oldstable so all the code to support the old oldstable is no longer
needed, which means it is a perfect time to upload cleaned up packages.
And the next release is a long time in the future so it is also the
perfect time for new upstream versions and other bigger changes.

	Bernhard R. Link