On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > # package quality
> >   Advocate: Holger Levsen and Luk Claes
> >   State: confirmed
> >   Wiki: http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/PackagesQuality
> > This is a never ending goal of sustaining our packages quality by
> > improving our tests and following up closely... so needless to say that
> > I would still advocate this one.
> I would advocate the idea behind this goal as well, yet I think as-is this isn't
> a very useful goal: how would we ever measure its achievement? To this end, I

guarantee build-time run of unittests if such are provided  by upstream.

in my experience those were really helpful, especially for exotic
architectures.

side-question:  what to do about source packages shipping only binary
 packages of arch 'all' (thus not rebuilt by the farm) while still
 susceptible to architectures specificity.