Re: /run support for wheezy?

]] Julien Cristau

| On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 16:20:10 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
|
| > Given that Fedora are adopting /run, and it has been something
| > we have wanted in the past, is anyone working on implementing
| > /run in Debian?
| >
| > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/146976

Incidentially, I just sent a mail proposing this as a release goal.

| That seems to say "on Debian /lib/init/rw was introduced for the same
| thing, but I'm using a different name just because I can".  What am I
| missing?

It's a bit of an abuse of the /lib namespace.  It also outlines a plan
for how to get rid of /var/run and /var/lock long-term, something I
don't believe /lib/init/rw ever tried to.  It was just somewhere to
stuff random early data.

--
Tollef Fog Heen