Re: new buildd dependency resolution breaks self depends?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
Note that in unstable you don't see the arch arch all version
until the arch any version is also available.  Or you would see
the old arch all version until the new arch any version is
available.

That's great! My thanks to whomever had the foresight to prevent this temporary dependency breakage for all->any dependencies. I guess this would otherwise have annoyed unstable users for packages that had yet to be built for their architecture..?

This means that the version from unstable should always be
installable, unless there is some other reason it's not like
a transition of some other library.

Yes, the libgmp3-dev -> libgmp-dev transition already bit me this way. I assumed I was in for more of the same with the self dependency.

The problem is that the buildds currently also see the newer
arch all version.  But this version will go away after some
time and it will only see the version from unstable.

If I may ask, for what purpose do the buildds have a special list of packages above and beyond those in unstable?

The new version of mlton-basis will only be visible to the buildds
for about a day, after which they should have no problem building
it.

Thank god. :)