Re: new buildd dependency resolution breaks self depends?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 29.03.2011, 17:52 +0200 schrieb Julien Cristau:
> > *mlton/alpha dependency installability problem:*
> >
> >   mlton (= 20100608-3) build-depends on one of:
> >   - mlton (= 20100608-3)
> >
> > ... this is, of course, impossible. The buildd must install the old version
> > in order to build the new. I have a suspicion that an overzealous 'use the
> > same version' rule in the dependency resolver might be the cause of this
> > bug.
> >
> As far as I can tell the problem is that you switched the mlton binary
> package to 'Architecture: all'.  Which means it's available on all
> architectures already in the new version, even though it's not
> installable.

sounds similar to what just happend to me with ghc:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2011/03/msg00108.html

In this case, with some help of the ftp team this could be resolved. But
in your case, as it is not transitional, it looks harder. I guess you
need to ensure that version n+1 can be built using the arch:any packages
of version n and the arch:all packages of either version n or version n
+1... or undo the package split.

Greetings,
Joachim

--