Re: Meeting Minutes, FTPMaster meeting March 2011

On 2011-03-28, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
> On 03/28/2011 04:37 PM, Mark Hymers wrote:
>> The main decision which needs to be made is whether, as a project, we
>> want source only uploads or to throw away DD built non-all debs.
>> There's not entire agreement amongst the ftpmasters about this (I err on
>> the side of the source-only uploads to avoid making people waste time
>> and bandwidth but that's not the only opinion).  One objection to
>> source-only is the perception that people will throw untested things at
>> the buildds and see what sticks.  That strikes me as a social problem,
>> but as a project we probably want to think how to handle it.
> Due to the problem of uploading untested stuff, accidentally or not
> accidentally I'd suggest to require uploads of all binary packages
> together with the source and throw away the arch:any binary packages
> (after passing NEW if necessary).

I think people who screw up repeatedly even after being told to be careful
should have their upload privileges suspended at the discretion of the
ftp-masters.  We had that in the past as well.  Then source-only uploads
shouldn't be a problem.

.oO( Don't throw too many technical(ly inferior) solutions onto social
problems... )

Kind regards
Philipp Kern