ranting vs bug filing (Re: potential MBF: first alternate depends not available in main

Hi,

this is not particulary about unrar or Goswin...

On Samstag, 19. März 2011, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> No, I truely mean that unrar-free is practically useless. The stoneage
> rar formats it suports have not been in general use for many years.

http://bugs.debian.org/src:unrar shows me two unrelated bugs, none stating
it's useless.

I wonder why people rant here about bugs, instead of filing them in the
appropriate places.

Ranting on -devel doesn't change things. (Sometimes its useful to make people
aware, yes. But then, the next step is something else than ranting again.)

cheers,
	Holger