InRelease file and mirror problems

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 03:20:21PM +0100, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 13:32, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> > when apt-updating from ftp.se.debian.org i get the following Hash Sum
> > mismatch failures:
> > (it does not happen when using ftp.us.debian.org in sources.list)
>
> APT since version 0.8.11 uses the clearsigned InRelease files instead of
> Release and its detached Release.gpg if possible.
> The file was announced by the ftpmasters on Nov 15, 2009 -
> I really thought it would be save to use it more than a year later…

Indeed, this change has been taken into account only lately (Feb 2011) in
ftpsync, this is a clear failure (let's say in the process).

We missed the sentence in the d-d-a mail of concern for Release files.
For such change, I guess an explicit notice to mirroradm would have helped (or
in ftpsync a less smart but more robust scheme, exluding /dists and not only
specific files inside /dists).

> btw: The documentation on [0] doesn't include the InRelease file yet.
> Any pointers where to "complain" about that? d-mirror, d-www, d-…?

debian-mirrors.
Fixed.

--
Simon Paillard