Re: oops I sent a courtesy copy in violation of the code of conduct

Le samedi 12 mars 2011 à 10:50 +0100, Carsten Hey a écrit :
> I set Mail-Followup-To: on every mail I send to *@lists.debian.org.
> Most DDs just ignore it (though there are some exceptions) and this
> renders using Mail-Followup-To: to get a copy to be rather useless.

Maybe this is because Mail-Followup-To is not part of any standard of
any kind, making it unimplemented in a large number of MUAs.

Add to this the fact that it is overly complex to implement in a sane
and intuitive way; unless you know what it really means (which is
different for each MUA on the receiving end), users just wouldn’t know
what to put in it.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :