Re: new Contents generator on ftp-master

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
> So basicly apt-file search will fail to find any file in
> inorwegian and wnorwegian?

It won't find any files currently for both packages.

> Why?  What's wrong with the old way of doing it?

Both packages ship symlinks with the same name but different
encodings. Some weeks ago there have been some discussion about
Unicode correctness in Debian. I think that we should accept only
properly UTF-8 encoded filenames in the future but I am open for
discussion. We can use a manual workaround for (old)stable if we want
that.

Torsten