Re: new Contents generator on ftp-master

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 03:30:03PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Jakub Wilk

> | Shouldn't dak reject debs with duplicate filenames in the first place?
>
> No, packages might very well ship duplicate files (think all mtas
> shipping /usr/sbin/sendmail) but they then have to conflict + replace.

Some statistics on that, since I am testing for possible package
installation errors due to file hijacking: in sid (main+contrib+
nonfree) we have about 1000 pairs of packages that share at least one
path name. Only about 65 of them can be installed together, the remaining
ones are directly or indirectly in conflict. And among the 65 which
can be installed together, almost all of them use a diversion of Replaces
(otherwise they'll a get a Serious bug report from me when I catch them :-)

http://edos.debian.net/file-overwrites/

-Ralf.