Re: new Contents generator on ftp-master

]] Jakub Wilk

| * Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>, 2011-03-12, 11:01:
| >2) The encoding in proper UTF-8. ISO8859-1 filenames are re-coded
| >automatically. To find out what happens to other encodings is left as an
| >exercise to the reader. :)
|
| What's the point of messing with encodings?

Probably make it predictable for tools trying to consume the file.

| >5) Packages with duplicate filenames are marked just as such and no
| >contents is recorded, e.g.
| >DUPLICATE_FILENAMES          text/inorwegian,text/wnorwegian
|
| Shouldn't dak reject debs with duplicate filenames in the first place?

No, packages might very well ship duplicate files (think all mtas
shipping /usr/sbin/sendmail) but they then have to conflict + replace.

| Anyway, both packages are just fine (AFAICT). Reporting them as having
| duplicate filenames looks like a side effect of encoding mangling:

Yeah, I should probably stop shipping the latin1 version, now, though.

--
Tollef Fog Heen