Re: new scripts and patches for devscripts

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 11.03.2011, 09:58 +0000 schrieb Neil Williams:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:51:50 -0800
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> > > Is this an alias for "apt-get build-dep $1"?
> >
> > No, it's a tool that's been long missing from a Debian as a standard
> > interface - "install the build-dependencies for the package in my current
> > directory".
> >
> > This may not be the best implementation/name/semantics, but there's
> > definitely a gap to be closed there, as 'dpkg-checkbuilddeps' provides no
> > easy way to feed the missing package list to apt, and 'apt-get build-deps'
> > can't look at the local directory.
>
> embuilddeps, part of the xapt package, can now be used for that -
> currently in unstable. It also does cross-dependencies, for such time
> as we still need those to be done via xapt and dpkg-cross. embuilddeps
> uses the Dpkg perl modules directly and passes the results to apt-get,
> optionally also passing the full list (not including packages you've
> already got installed) to xapt for processing via dpkg-cross. If you
> don't specify an architecture to embuilddeps, it will do just what you
> outlined.

There is also this in haskell-debian-utils, although not very widely
advocated:
  * apt-get-build-depends:
    Tool which will parse the Build-Depends{-Indep} lines from debian/control
    and apt-get install the required packages
see http://packages.debian.org/sid/haskell-debian-utils

Some more results from someone’s itch-scratching.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner