Re: Help identify packages that multiarch support will break

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 18:20:01 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 17:30:42 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > Is there a way to ask dpkg-query to dump all the information contained
> > in /var/lib/dpkg/status without either having to: (1) list all fields
> > explicitly (using --show + --showformat)
>
> For each package --status will do the trick, for all packages, yeah
> it does not support patterns. I guess adding that would be fine. So
> one could do something like: «dpkg-query -s '*'».

Or on a second though, just supporting «dpkg-query -s» would solve
your problem too, as you don't seem to actually need pattern support,
if there's a need for that we can always add them, obviously.

> > or (2) list all package names (using --status)?
>
> Currently something like «dpkg-query -l|tr -s ' ' '\t'|cut -f2» could
> do the trick, altough I could agree it sucks a bit. If --status would
> accept patterns that would be nicer.

Huh, disregard this, as pointed out by Raphaël, which I had forgotten
somehow, just doing «dpkg-query -f '${Package}\n' -W» would work. In
my defense (if that's possible :), I've now fixed the documentation:

  <http://git.debian.org/?p=dpkg/dpkg.git;a=commitdiff;h=7a86e423>

thanks,
guillem