Re: Call for projects for Google Summer of Code 2011

On 03/03/2011 03:03 AM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> 	 If folks want to implement something similar for other
> 	 operating systems, the preferred mode of cooperation is
> 	 probably that we help you identify which interfaces can be
> 	 shared with your system, to make life easier for daemon
> 	 writers to support both systemd and your systemd counterpart.
> 	 Probably, the focus should be to share interfaces, not code."

Then it might be worth to have a project to identify these interfaces
and write some code to support systemd-aware daemons on (k)freebsd. For
systemd it definitely makes sense to use all the fancy linux APIs - but
it should still be possible to write a proper replacement for freebsd.

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F