Re: Disable ZeroConf: how to ?

On Do, 03 Mär 2011, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 10:24:36PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > As Philipp pointed out, only gnome depends on it, and that’s not
> > gnome-desktop-environment. You can use the latter if you want only the
> > official GNOME desktop.
>
> gnome-desktop-environment
>   Depends: gnome-user-share
>     Depends: libapache2-mod-dnssd
>       Depends: avahi-daemon
>   Recommends: telepathy-salut
>     Depends: avahi-daemon

Any words of the GNOME maintainers according to that?

I don't need not want avahi, it actually two or three times broke
my network by doing changes to config file I don't want (don't remember
the details) and at that time I could purge it away, but it came back
again.

Best wishes

Norbert
HIGH OFFLEY (n.)