Re: Upcoming changes in Lintian & some bits

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 22:47 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> As a consequence of these changes, the new Lintian release will cause
>> many existing overrides to no longer apply.  We recognise that this will
>> lead to some noise in the short term but are convinced that the longer
>> term advantages make this worthwhile.
>>
> Did you do an archive check with the new lintian and diff'ed it against
> a check with previous lintian?

No, we haven't.

An archive check is running as I type, that's the easy part. However, the
results need to be checked, and even though Niels already volunteered to
take a look, I expect the diff to be quite big.

More eyes, and hands, are welcome; installing the RC and starting with one's
packages would be great.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer