Re: Default Homedir Permissions

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Noel David Torres Taño
<envite@rolamasao.org> wrote:
> On Jueves 17 Febrero 2011 22:18:25 Ron Johnson escribió:
>> On 02/17/2011 08:58 AM, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> > Should it be locked down like Fort Knox?
>>
>> There's a heck of a lot of middle ground between "Fort Knox" and
>> "Hippy Commune".
>
> We are not a hippy comune, just two married people, but I like to hear music
> from my wife's home, and she uses to see documents that are on my home, so the
> actual default fits quite well for 90% of computers out there: home computers.

IIRC many weren't that happy with Windows 9x not supporting access
control. I guess times have changed.

> Think too on fathers accessing their minor child homes, offices in which
> documents are property of the bussiness and not of any worker, etc.

What about a minor child downloading a trojan (for whatever reason)
which accesses the fathers home?

A bug in a web scripts leading to www-data being compromised, and thus
having read access to /home?
--
Olaf