Re: Default Homedir Permissions

Olaf van der Spek writes ("Re: Default Homedir Permissions"):
> chmod 755 ~ is not a hard way to remove the barrier.

We are arguing about defaults, so this is not a relevant answer.

> What are those assumptions based on?

I could ask you the same question.  We are arguing in a vacuum.

I don't think we should make a change, but people who want defaults
changed always make more noise than people who are happy with the way
they are.  I just wanted to make it clear that this change would not
be universally welcomed.

I don't think there is anything else useful to be said in this
subthread.

Ian.