Re: The future of m-a and dkms

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 23:21 +0100, Patrick Matthäi wrote:
> since we have got a stable release with dkms now, I am asking myself, if
> it is still necessary to support module-assistant.
> dkms is IMHO the better system and maintaining two different systems for
> kernel modules is a bit bloated.
With dkms, can you also create packages of the modules?

At least I found it always very useful, to create modules with m-a, or
via make-kpkg, and provide them via local archives to all my Debian
boxes. Can save quite some compilation time, and one doesn't need kernel
header + build packages etc. on all nodes.

Cheers,
Chris.