Re: New version of DEP-5 parser

Hi Dominique,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 09:16:59PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> I've fixed upstream [1] most (hopefully all) the issues
> regarding the DEP5 parser based on Config::Model that
> were mentioned on these lists or in the BTS.

> The new version is already (thanks gregoa) available
> on Debian/Sid in libconfig-model-perl 1.230

> I've updated the parser so as to upgrade older version
> of copyright file (even pre DEP-5 versions) into the
> current format. All old keywords are translated into new
> keywords (except the old keywords I do not know yet about :-p )

Not having looked at the code, I'm wondering: do you apply these
translations to all files regardless of the Format/Format-Specification
field's value, or are you selective about only applying these upgrades to
fields that were considered valid at the time?  I don't think, for instance,
that a file that has a declaration of Format: http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/
[1] should have 'Maintainer' fields auto-upgraded to 'Upstream-Contact', but
that this should instead be treated as an unknown field.

[1] much as I disagree that an unversioned URL should be used at all here