Re: DEP5 CANDIDATE parser/editor/validator/migrator is released in libconfig-model-perl

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 02:27:55PM +0100, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Thursday 13 January 2011 16:35:06 Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> > 16:30:47 Invalid line: Copyright : � 1997-1999 AT&T Laboratories Cambridge
                                       ^
Aren't those supposed to be UTF-8 encoded?

> Note that your copyright file mixes UK and US spelling for "licence". UK
> spelling is converted to US spelling (used in DEP5 text).

For UK folks, it's no worse than http Referer: we all have to put up with.

I guess this would be a good Lintian check, though: being told that a field
is unknown can be confusing.  There's already a similar check, for
/usr/share/common-licen[c]es.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be