Re: Forwarding bugs upstream

John Goerzen writes ("Re: Forwarding bugs upstream"):
> I'm going to have a slightly different viewpoint on this.

I agree with John, basically.

> I'm adding zero value here.  Zero.  [...]

Some people have replied suggesting scenarios where the Debian
maintainer is adding something.  That's fine - in that case, the
maintainer can do whatever is necessary to add that value.

But I think this should be up to the Debian maintainer.  Being a
Debian maintainer should not mean agreeing to be a helpdesk or bug
proxy.

Ian.