Re: Debian Policy "10.7.4 Sharing configuration files" question

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le mardi 11 janvier 2011 à 18:27 +0100, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
>> If I wanted some random package maintainer to mess with my configuration
>> files, then I would probably just have used Fedora or whatever.
>
> I am not seeking the opinion of other random developers - I’m sure there
> are people who won’t agree. I am asking whether this would be considered
> a release-critical bug.

Then maybe you could describe what you mean by "change of /etc/inittab
in a maintainer script"?

Doing sed -i /etc/inittab in a gdm3 maintainer script would definitely
be a RC bug.  Doing update-inittab in a gdm3 maintainer script, after
making sysvinit provide such a program, would not.

Maybe you could tell us which parts of Debian Policy 10.7.4 you find
unclear instead of asking the exact question 10.7.4 answers?

Bjørn