Re: devel files and libraries in /lib

* Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek@gmail.com> [110104 11:20]:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> > ]] Roger Leigh

> > First, it's pkg-config, and secondly, no, it shouldn't.  pkg-config
> > doesn't try to be everything to everybod and I haven't seen a valid use
> > case for this.
>
> Eh, wouldn't this case be a valid use case?

The whole discussion is a bit moot.

We are talking about things stored in /lib or /usr/lib here, i.e. something
stored in a system path.

Sadly pkg-config does not support this, so there will be some -L
recorded with some path, which one has to hope will later be removed
by something else, or very strange subtle bugs can happen.
(As many tools have some protections against the common user mistake
of giving system paths as user search paths, those bugs usually get
only more subtle).

	Bernhard R. Link