Re: Bits from ftp-team (aka: Don't upload RC fixes to NEW queue)

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Nov  2, 2010 at 15:02:18 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > OK, that's a reason to avoid package churn in existing source packages and
> > thus letting packages with new binaries sit in NEW for a while. It doesn't
> > apply to entirely new packages however.
>
> postgresql-9.0 was an entirely new source package.

Right so new source package providing existing binaries are another
exception to the rule but most "entirely new source packages" do not replace
existing binary packages and my comment still holds IMO.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)