Re: debian can be better

Am 28.10.2010 00:05, schrieb Vincent Bernat:
> OoO La nuit ayant déjà recouvert  d'encre ce jour du mercredi 27 octobre
> 2010, vers 23:48, Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org> disait :
>
>> Most desktop users also want to have some 2D/3D performance, or special
>> features like tv out, xvideo acceleration etc etc.
>> nouveau is a good replacement for nv, but still far away of being useful
>> for powerful desktop users.
>
> nouveau  supports  2D  acceleration  including  compositing  and  Xvideo
> acceleration.   I don't  see what  may be  missing for  everyday desktop
> use. It  is even better  than the nvidia  driver because of  its perfect
> support of xrandr.

I am not nvidia'ish, but supporting 2D/3D acceleration is a *must have*
in my eyes since many years. The performance of nouveau just sucks. Yeah
if you do not need it, okay..

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org

Comment:
Always if we think we are right,