Re: [RFC] disabled root account / distinct group for users with administrative privileges

* Simon McVittie [2010-10-22 12:10 +0100]:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 at 11:44:31 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that "priv" was occasionally
> > used as a username for an ordinary user.
>
> If I saw it out of context I'd also tend to assume that "priv" is
> short for "private" instead of "privileged", but perhaps that's just
> me.

No, it isn't just you, I thought that it could also mean 'private', too.
'prvl' or similar would look like it would have been generated by pwgen.

It doesn't look like a short, unambiguous and pronounceable abbreviation
for 'privileged' exists and 'sysadmins' seems to be a better choice than
'privileged' or 'privileges'.

My favorites up to now are 'sysadmins' and 'sudoroot', although I don't
like having the command as part of the groupname.

Carsten