Re: Debian bugs #700000 and #1000000 contest

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:38:18AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> I definitely agree that this wasn't a high importance annoucement, but
> more something related to the project's life...and fun. This is indeed
> not even developers' oriented, so another announce channel would have
> been more appropriate. However, debian-announce being underused, this
> "fun" annoucement would have looked weird there. So, well, I did like
> I did two years ago and sent the annoucement there.

Christian, you did well.  The subject was properly choosen and for those
not interested it would have taken just a second to delete the message.
There should be some fun in Debian and announcing this fun in a reasonable
ratio to technical stuff is OK.

Thanks for all your efforts in community building (which are more than
bug contests)

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de