Re: Debian bugs #700000 and #1000000 contest

[Christian PERRIER, 2010-10-18]
> Quoting Piotr Ożarowski (piotr@debian.org):
> > Subject: Debian bugs #700000 and #1000000 contest
> > To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
> >
> > seriously? Isn't debian-private@l.d.o for all the off-topic mails?
>

> Who told this is off-topic?

I already only scan -private and -devel mailing lists once a week or so
(due to spam), I was expecting important information on -devel-announce
so I stopped doing what I was doing (see below), opened announce
mailbox and was annoyed by the fact that 2nd class DDs like me (and
their upstreams!) do not deserve information about freeze date in
advance but they're feed with bug contest messages instead.

I can't/don't want to work on Debian 24h a day. Yesterday, I found few
hours in the evening to work on Debian so I worked simultaneously on few
issues related¹ to Squeeze release or not². After replying to your mail to
-devel I had to fix RC bug³ (I wish all spammers would fix one RC bug
after sending off-topic mail to Debian mailing list) and thus didn't
finish checking python-easygui and galleryremote so if I don't want to
break "24h rule"[4] again, I will have to speed up this evening as I
also have to fix another RC bug due to sending yet another off-topic
mail to -devel (feel free to take over[5], but please remember that NEW
packages almost never[6] are ready after initial RFS mail, so if you
will not find something serious, just don't try to help, unless you will
work with sponsoree with further uploads as well).

[¹] * jinja2 2.5.4-1 (uploaded to unstable, no unblock request yet)
    * cython3 (later I noticed my work is useless as Cython public
      module is used only by cython script which generates Python 2.X
      and Python 3.X compatible code, changes are in DPMT repo)
    * pype RFS (replied, one version uploaded later, another one on
      it's way)
    * pyopencl RFS (replied to wait for RMs for few more days)
    * pycompile RC bug
[²] * python-easygui RFS (NEW package)
    * galleryremote RFS (NEW package, blocks new upstream version of
      another package)
[³] python-defaults upload to experimental, I will backport it in
    2.6.6-3squeeze1 today
[4] http://people.debian.org/~piotr/sponsor
[5] * svn://svn.debian.org/python-modules/packages/python-easygui/trunk
    * http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/galleryremote/galleryremote_0.4-1.dsc
[6] happened like 2 times for me for now (and both sponsorees were close
    to get their DD account back then)