Re: Init dependency between nfs-kernel-server and name server

* Jesús M. Navarro <jesus.navarro@undominio.net> schrieb:

> I imagine that in many cases if there's a locally installed
> authoritative nameserver it will be used by the local resolver too.

That's just an assumption. In the last decade I had enough systems
where this was not the case. Authorative nameserver and local
resolver are two fundamentally different services, it's just a
coincidence that they're often provided by the same deamon.

> So while not really a hard dependency (it can be avoided by having a second
> recheable DNS at hand or by forcing IPs instead of names in the NFS client
> config) it's probably a strong "nice to have".

No, a clean design would be having two separate services, which
just *may* be provided by the same daemon.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666