Re: teaching users how to submit good bug reports

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, Brian May wrote:
> On 23 July 2010 10:03, brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
> > You can use "smtphost reportbug.debian.org" in the configuration file.
> > As for blocking direct outgoing SMTP connections:
>
> This is news for me. Is there any thoughts on making this the default?

It is the default, though it'll ask you some questions to try to find
a better host, iirc.

> Based on what you say, it seems to use port 587 by default; is this
> correct?

Yes, because outgoing 587 is less likely to be blocked than 25.

Don Armstrong

--
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
up where I needed to be.