Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On 07/21/2010 06:50 AM, Patrick Matthäi wrote:
[snip]

Or a better idea:

* Provide semi-official images with non-free enabled (on
cdimage.debian.org) of our releases. This is one big reason, why users
decide to use Ubuntu instead of Debian.

That's why I installed Ubuntu on my wife/kids' PC: the stuff they care about (no-fuss audio and video on an old PC) Just Work on Ubuntu but were a struggle on Sid.

--
Seek truth from facts.