Re: How to make Debian more attractive for users, was: Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Steffen Möller wrote:
> * Metaphorical speaking: we should give Debian a phone number.

and friendlier face, i.e. entry point to Debian world (www.debian.org)
should suggest the visitor that Debian is "for you" -- now current or
suggested site faces are just overloaded with jumps into hyperspace
without providing clear idea on why Debian is the best OS for everyone
needs.

As a part of the effort toward better users' appeal I've suggested
"Better targeting of the audience at front page" [1] reusing currently
successful blends/tasks approach.  Unfortunately noone cared to follow
up.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2010/07/msg00048.html
--
                                  .-.