Re: "Waqf" General Public License in Debian?

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 09:05 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Check again, this is meant for non-free, not main.
Still do not see how this would change anything... well of course rules
may say that we may put anything into non-free if it's distributable,...
but then we need some better rules.

> Oh suuuuuure. "We are all about freedom, but please no religional
> stuff. Oh, and while we are at, get away with porn. And alcohol is bad
> too, anything that can help people there, get away....."
> Thats not how it works, we cant ask anyone putting things in main to not
> discriminate against persons/groups/fields and then discriminate on our
> own.
I guess it's quite easy for to judge things like this using common
sense...

> > 4) The license is extremely anti-American, and I guess also
> > anti-European/anti-Western.
> Doesnt matter.
Although you may be right from the what allows non-free point of view,..
but in all doing respect,.. this is rather stupid I guess.
Next thing is that people "invent" licenses which force people to hate
Jews, or elect only Democrats, or do not use KDE...

Even if that fulfils non-free criteria... it should not go into Debian.

Cheers,
Chris.