Re: "Waqf" General Public License in Debian?

Am 02.07.2010 00:45, schrieb Russell Coker:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net> wrote:
>> 3) The license contains many places which can be considered
>> discriminatory, racist or fundamentalist.
>> Apart from that... religious stuff shouldn't go into a license.
>
> http://www.ojuba.org/wiki/waqf/license
>
> The above URL has the license.  I think that the concepts in the preamble are
> interesting, offering software to please Allah and denying the concept of
> "ownership" of Intellectual Property.

Which is not only non-free in Debian, we can not distribute it.
A software license is not allowed to force other users to please any "god".

I think we all agree with this point, so please don't start a religious
discussion now on this list..

> Also as we don't discriminate against fields of endeavor the "good purpose"
> part wouldn't be acceptable even if it could be clearly defined and agreed.
> If Stormfront, Al Quaeda, or Right to Life want to use Debian then as a matter
> of principle we should let them do so - but of course the members of such
> organisations think that they have a "good purpose" so it probably doesn't
> matter much.

ACK.

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org

Comment:
Always if we think we are right,