Re: UPG and the default umask

Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> writes:

> Those of us who actually administer Linux systems realize that the
> proponents of this change are (a) way out of their depth so that (b)
> they cannot forsee the consequences of their actions yet (c) they have
> the power to carry their actions through and (d) they haven't listened
> to reason yet.

Out of interest, how would you propose an independent observer should
distinguish between these two cases:

* The package maintainers respond to specific expressed complaints,
  then ignore the complaints and fail to listen to reason.

* The package maintainers respond to specific expressed complaints,
  then consider the complaints and reject them on the basis of reason.

How would the independent observer tell which has occurred?

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\   Brain, but if we have nothing to fear but fear itself, why does |