Re: UPG and the default umask

On 05/17/2010 07:00 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:
> There is no such thing as Debian's idea of UPG. There is simply the fact
> that when you create a user with UPG, it uses the first uid and the
> first gid available. It can happen that they don't match, in the
> scenario I gave above. This applies to any distro, afaik.

Yes, this is trivial. Create a group first, before creating a user, and
after creating users from there on, the UID and GID will be one off.
This is natural, and nothing to worry about. Unless you're obsessive
compulsive about the ids matching. :)

--
. O .   O . O   . . O   O . .   . O .
. . O   . O O   O . O   . O O   . . O